Monday, March 18, 2024

Guardians

Inspirational song: Suspicious Minds (Elvis Presley)

There is a name for the condition where you can hear music in random noises, like water rushing through pipes. I used to know what it was, since I appear to be one of those people. I'm not a hundred percent certain, but I think the reason Suspicious Minds is stuck in my head right now is because something I hear in a wood wick candle approximated the rhythm or chord progression of it. It's on a very short loop, and if it doesn't stop once I blow out that candle, I'm going to lose my mind.

Today was better than yesterday, but that was a low bar to clear. At least I showered, dressed, and left the house today. I even got to see the babies. I wanted company to go grocery shopping, and I took the girls with me. Just walking around the store made me sore, but I was in good company there, as my daughter was sore from doing a major cleaning and reorganization of her kitchen. Just us, hobbling around King Soopers, looking like the walking dead.

My livestock guardian dogs were hard at work today, alerting the entire neighborhood that they would tolerate no use of the sidewalks on either side of the street. I really need a ranch with maybe some goats or cattle or something for them to protect. Even better if it's a place far away from busy sidewalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment