Monday, March 11, 2024

Grow for Me This Time

Inspirational song: Empty Spaces (Pink Floyd)

Two seed starting trays, a total of 144 cells. Every space filled with seeds. Despite decades of disappointment, I remain convinced that one day I will successfully germinate plants from seed, and they will survive babyhood long enough to transfer outside and grow. I planted flowers, vegetables, and herbs. If I am lucky I will see tiny flecks of green poking through the soil before I head to California. There is plenty of water in the reservoirs. I shouldn't have to worry about them drying out before I am back. I am wondering why the heck I bought both kinds of eggplants, though. I'll have to share some seedlings with the kids, if they all start.

I had to supervise a high pressure drain cleanout with the rental today. The plumber was super friendly, and it was a positive experience working with that company. He showed me a photo from down the main line, where maple tree roots were deeply tangled in the drain pipe. We had to coordinate with T to authorize a long-term fix, which is actually starting tomorrow. At least he knew this was a necessary repair and didn't freak out over it.

I stole another photo. I'm shameless.

No comments:

Post a Comment