Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Pulled

Inspirational song: Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting (Carl Douglas)

Might as well start off with the earworm I was infected with as I drove out of the parking lot at Rotary. I can't think of a time in my life I didn't absolutely love that song, since the moment it came out when we were kids. I'm not sure I'll be able to recall a single detail of my day, if I let it fully take over my brain, which it threatens to do.

Yet another one of the family cats is on his way to being toothless. I woke this morning to a Snap from my daughter, of her stolen cat Momo (too long of a story to explain "stolen") on his way to the vet, where he had seven teeth pulled. I responded with a Snap of my mush-mouth Athena, and I added the caption "Dentist. I've been there. Bite the techs for me." It has only been a day or two since I verified that Jackie's smile is as gummy as it appeared. She has no lower fangs and few, if any, lower teeth. How nice of her to get rid of those teeth herself, and not incur yet another dental surgery bill for us.

I volunteered to drive for the pickup of poor Momo, who was very groggy and had bloody drool still when we got him. The girls and I then dropped him at their house and we went shopping. Valerie walked down every aisle she could at Walmart, telling us as she walked off that she was running errands. That child is so creative. I took several opportunities to tell her what an awesome kid she is, and she told me I was a fun grown-up. I sure hope she continues to think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment