Tuesday, March 26, 2024

The Drive

Inspirational song: The Distance (Cake)

We had an errand to run down in San Diego today. That one fifteen minute task turned into a full, long day of driving. By the time we were at a restaurant for dinner, my daughter said it felt like a major road trip. Honestly, it was. I'm sure we have put over 300 miles on her car and our bodies today. Neither one of us will have trouble falling asleep once we are back. 

We hoped to see California poppies in the mountains by Lake Elsinore, but they hadn't really started blooming yet. It's fine, really. I enjoyed the scenery I did see.

We went out of our way, literally, to eat at a chain restaurant I had a gift card to. The gluten free options were limited (to pretty much the most expensive item I could get), and we both had an adult beverage. Even with the gift card, it felt like an overly expensive evening, with a hefty dollop of kitsch on top. Sometimes revisiting one's youth isn't worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment