Sunday, March 10, 2024

Visual Effects

Inspirational song: I'm Just Ken (Barbie)

Back in the day, I would never have missed watching the Oscars. Flash forward to tonight, and this is the first time I've watched in maybe a decade. I'm glad I came back for this one. I've been enjoying myself. Mostly, I'm loving how kind and supportive everyone is being to each other. I realize they are some of the best actors in the business, but damn, it feels sincere. There is zero cattiness. I haven't detected a hint of toxic masculinity. I like these folks a lot more than I used to.

I tuned in specifically to watch the I'm Just Ken performance. It was everything I wanted. I used to watch primarily for the fancy clothes, and not only did the women deliver, but the men have something fancy I hadn't seen before. Bunches of them are wearing beautiful brooches. There are diamonds and gold, geometrics, and flowers. It makes me so happy. I love sparkle and personality.

I tried taking photos while we were outside, where the Mr made a cold frame for our veggie garden (I helped some). I couldn't figure out why my pictures of dogs and half-toothless Jackie were so blurry. It didn't occur to me until I was looking at them tonight to crop, to look at the back of the phone to clean the lens. Proof that I do not belong in that group of cinematic professionals I just watched on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment