Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Play Along

Inspirational song: All Along the Watchtower (Jimi Hendrix)

Health insurance is making me nuts, and I have one of the best of all possible coverages I could in the nightmare that is the American health care system. I will admit, it isn't entirely Tricare's fault. A doctor I have been seeing regularly for nearly 8 years is in a practice that has been purchased by a new corporate overlord, but they haven't provided their new name or tax ID number on my bills or to my primary care provider. They just jacked up how they process claims, and tried to pass on extra patient responsibility to me. I can only hope I can get this sorted out properly. At least during my long call with Tricare, I caught that my GI referral wasn't done the way I thought it was, and I was almost on the hook for next week's visit like the above rheumatology shenanigans.

I'm struggling to sort out the day, failing to organize my thoughts for this space. Am I already getting rusty, after a week and a half of coasting on the blog? Say it isn't so. If that is happening, then this tells me how important nightly practice is to my writing skills. 

It was D&D night. I hate that our group shrank, but I have to admit that it's easier to focus on the game when the grandchildren aren't running around being loud. Eventually we will be able to teach them how to play, but today is not that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment