Friday, March 15, 2024

Here Yesterday Gone Today

Inspirational song: Got the Time (Joe Jackson)

Everybody around us had impressive snow totals. Up in Nederland they had something like 45 inches. I think our official result was 8 or 9, but it was so warm here, it was already fading by end of day. It was clear and sunny today, and my back yard is already mostly mud. I'm that old person who is fine with it, because we needed the water.

I only caught half of one basketball game streamed on the radio this season, until tonight. I finally remembered in time to tune in, to hear the semifinal game of the last PAC-12 tournament for CU. Buffs won the first tourney 13 years ago. For their last year in this conference, they would like to bookend it with another tournament win.

It was a low-scoring game, with a lot of lead changes in the first half. They got a slight lead going into the half, and jumped ahead in the second period. I thought about writing early, before the game was over, but I stopped myself. Anything could happen. Washington State came back several times, even pulling ahead by a point once or twice before the end. It wasn't until the last 5 seconds that it looked like a secure win for the Buffs. Holy cow, that was rough. I kept thinking maybe I shouldn't have listened after all. They were doing so well this season without me, I worried I was bad luck. Do I dare listen to the final tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment