Sunday, March 31, 2024

Home Again

Inspirational song: Sit Down, John (1776)

I made it all the way home. Amazingly, all of my plants and pottery seems to have made it intact as well. My suitcase came in under the wire at 49.5 pounds once I handed it off at the airport. I'm so relieved I didn't have to hand carry any of the pottery.

Unlike the flight out, I accepted the wheelchair rides once I checked the rollator with my suitcase. I was too sore to refuse. Similar to the way I got through Universal Studios, it made a huge difference in ease of access. I bypassed lines and boarded early. So much less stress. I missed tipping the guy wheeling me in Vegas when I changed planes, because I was just not alert, and forgot. I can't imagine the shape I would have been in had I done all the walking and carrying on my own.

I received an enthusiastic welcome upon arrival. Mr S-P asked if I was ready for dogs as soon as I was inside, and of course I said yes. Beinn raced into the bedroom, and he was so happy that I wasn't gone forever that he squealed for upwards of a minute. Saoirse followed soon after, and gave me lots of cuddles. The cats were happy to see me too, but I didn't get solid snuggling from them until I lay down to nap. My fur grandbabies in California were wonderful, but it was nice having all my familiars surrounding me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment