Friday, March 22, 2024

Never Pack Early

Inspirational song: Easy to Be Hard (Hair)

Oh, it's never easy. I was so happy to be able to do things yesterday. So naturally I did too much. And like night follows day, I spent most of today whining about how I strained the bad hip. Find the happy medium, Anne. It shouldn't be this hard.

I'm not packed yet. I borrowed a large suitcase on Tuesday so that I would have time to pack it thoughtfully. Instead, I goofed around all week, doing things like spring cleaning and dog washing. I have chosen five pair of pants and one shirt so far. I even ironed four of those items. And that is all the further I have gotten. I will be stress packing tomorrow, as I always do. I am not staying up late to do it tonight. We have a brunch date in Boulder tomorrow, and I need rest for it.

I can't wait to see how much changes in a week of me being gone. So far the plants breaking dormancy this spring include delphinium, iris, sedum, and lilac. I want to see hostas breaking ground by the time I get back, even though it is supposed to be chilly and snowy part of the time I'm gone. When I get back, I will expect to start with violas and pansies, on the nice clean porch (the cleaning of which may be partly responsible for today's muscle strains). I know I said I was going to do fewer flowers and focus on houseplants on the porch, but a gardening woman has urges. I may not be able to hold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment