Saturday, March 23, 2024

Just Go to Bed

Inspirational song: Going to California (Led Zeppelin)

It took a little bit of focus that I didn't think I had, but I made it. I packed. My suitcase really isn't even stuffed. I think I have everything I will need for the trip. Now I need to figure out how to fall asleep early, so that I can wake up at 3 am. It wouldn't be hard, if I hadn't screwed myself over by falling asleep in my chair while a relaxing podcast droned on. I'm pretty sure I slept through two episodes. Whoops.

Before I sign off, I have to share that twice today, Mr S-P said some incredibly nice things. On the way back from breakfast in Boulder with an old friend, we stopped at Resource, the building salvage yard. As we parked, he pointed to the far section and said, "why don't you go look at rocks, while I look to see if they have a post-hole digger." I sent a picture to the kids, in my joy, saying, "I feel seen." We came home with about as many flagstones and pavers as the Tucson can comfortably carry.

Then, as we were together in the front yard, filling up the bin with last year's flower debris, I could smell that someone in the neighborhood was frying chicken. I commented on it, and he asked whether we should just go out for dinner and stop by the kids' house on the way. Well, yeah. Don't have to ask me twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment