Saturday, March 30, 2024

End of Week

Inspirational song: I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (Warren Zevon)

Vacationing can be hard work. I had a full seven days of non-stop entertainment with my daughter, which was outrageously fun, but I'm a bit tired now. I fly home in the morning, and I have blocked out the afternoon to lie completely still in my own bed, hopefully with the foot of the bed elevated (if I can find the right remote). We did a ton of driving, which always makes my ankles swell, plus my daughter lives in a third floor walk-up. I'm a mess from the rib cage down.

We did almost everything we set out to do. The only things we missed were touring the rose garden at the Natural History museum and doing water colors here at the apartment. I never found the exact plants I wanted, but somehow it seems fitting. I'm on a quest, and flying out here and getting all of them in one spot would seem anticlimactic. This way the quest continues, and I have things to look forward to over the growing season.

My suitcase is packed, and weighs about 47 pounds. I put some things in a small tote as a carry-on, which should keep me from paying an overweight fee. At least that is my hope. My clothes are hanging on the door, so all I have to do is roll out of bed, dress, and go to the airport. I just hope I can wake up enough after the first leg to change planes in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment