Friday, November 20, 2020

Day One

Inspirational song: Girl On Fire (Alicia Keys)

So far, staying at home for the first day of a strict quarantine doesn't feel a bit different from staying mostly at home for social distancing. We are quite used to this. Used to it enough that we got sloppy, like everybody in the country has been doing. If we escape this latest brush with the Rona, will it scare us straight enough to be careful until it's all over (whenever that is)? Dunno. Maybe.

On Wednesday I had just paid for two follow-on classes for Saoirse. Today, as the county moved to a tighter stage of controls, the instructor called to say that her middle school has been canceled until further notice. We already received the study materials, so puppy and I will be reading ahead and practicing until we can reschedule the class, as the instructor suggested. I hope I can figure it out well enough not to confuse Saoirse.

While we are isolated, my daughter has been very good about sending short videos of Dino, to get us through this period of not getting any cuddles. One video showed the closest to real crawling I've seen yet. Change in direction and distance covered--she's getting good at this. An hour or so ago, she sent two clips of baby giggles. It was delightful. Last night I got the below picture, with news that my daughter repaired her phone screen, so selfies will no longer have light-refracting haze. That baby looks so gangsta. Grandma is so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment