Thursday, November 5, 2020

Winning of a Sort

Inspirational song: I'll Stand By You (The Pretenders)

The TV was on all night last night. It was probably on all day today too. It might have been off an hour or so, but I couldn't bank on that. I can't decide whether to leave it on again tonight. The threshold of 270 is getting so close now. At least the people with vested interests in keeping eyeballs on their broadcasts are suggesting it is. It doesn't take much to influence me on this point. I'm in it until it's over.

The puppy and I went on a short walk, around the block while we waited for the Mr to be ready to go on a short drive. We took her with us on that too, and on both excursions, she did remarkably well. It's amazing to me to have a dog who takes to loose leash walking like this. She has no need to get way ahead of me and pull. If anything, she stays just behind me, so she can sniff everything. 

We have been on the bed, watching Kornacki for hours. The puppy is the most wiggly when she is sleeping, and she changes positions every few minutes. At first, she reached out and sort of punched Athena in the head. I expected fireworks, but Athena just stretched, rolled, rubbed the back of her head against Saoirse's paw, and went back to sleep. I thought that was the end-all-be-all. But no, minutes later, Saoirse moved again. See the photo for the proximity. These girls are becoming friends. This is ballgame.

No comments:

Post a Comment