Thursday, November 19, 2020

To Eleven

Inspirational song: LA Devotee (Panic at the Disco)

Boulder County is now back under more strict conditions for virus control. This week the state came out with a confusing change to the color codes for what stage we are in. We are going back to "red," but now red isn't red, purple is red and red is halfway between orange and purple... I really didn't follow it. Best we can tell, red is still red, but purple goes to eleven, or is double secret probation stage, or some other ironic movie reference. Doesn't matter in the long run. The Mr and I are on actual quarantine now. We have encountered a person who tested positive. He will get a test tomorrow. I'll go Sunday or Monday, once enough time has passed for it to be accurate. This closes the door on whether we risk much for Thanksgiving.

I had a nice chat with the Cali daughter. It's her birthday, and I wanted to send good wishes that didn't come from text. I had to wait until almost bedtime to get through to her. She and her pod buddy went out to dinner, to celebrate. She sent me pictures of the two kittens that the friend adopted, from the same litter as my Harvey and her Ziggy. What a cute family those cats all were. It is so hard not being able to go visit my girl. It has been so long. We all have to wait more. Next year (hopefully) will be the busiest travel season of all time.

Topics for blog posts over the next two weeks might be really difficult to find. If we are stuck inside, it will be as challenging to find new stuff to talk about as it was last year when my biggest adventures involved walking all the way from my bed to the kitchen counter and back without needing to sit halfway through. Gotta admit, I am really hoping that the topics at hand next week revolve around not developing Covid. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment