Friday, November 27, 2020

Twinkle

Inspirational song: Lights (Journey)

To be totally honest, I have been obnoxiously nagging for more than a week for the Mr to get us started on hanging lights outside. For days the plastic tub where we store them has been in the living room, and dusty, tangled strands of lights have been scattered on every surface. The puppy keeps stomping on them, and nosing through to find her chew toys buried underneath. (Sorry for yelling at you, Saoirse. I didn't realize you were going for a rawhide.) 

The delay was due to multiple factors. One, we were waiting on the purchase of the exact kind of cable clips that he wanted, which may not actually exist. He had to improvise with standard wire staples fitted with narrow screws. The other delays were weather, time (he has a lot of papers to grade for 2 classes), and motivation. That last one is the hardest to overcome. How could I argue when I have been overwhelmed by lethargy myself? 

This afternoon, he got his clips, and I set about dusting individual bulbs with a damp cloth and testing each strand. Two strands have dud bulbs, so they stayed inside. He got the first row around the eaves. Tomorrow while he is off getting firewood from his mountain, I'm going to run path lights and maybe wrap a tree or two. At least that's what I hope. Today I felt hungover from Thanksgiving, and I hadn't consumed a drop of alcohol. I didn't have any fewer carbs today than I did yesterday, so tomorrow might be as big a waste as today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment