Saturday, November 7, 2020

Soothed

Inspirational song: Party in the U.S.A. (Miley Cyrus)

Since I was a teenager, I've been aware of how when I'm really anxious, I tighten up my shoulders, to the point where they are nearly level with my ears. During the day today, I noticed that my shoulders were effortlessly relaxed and in the right place. Well. That's something I missed. It was quite pleasant. 

I took champagne and orange juice over to my daughter's, and we had brunch and watched Dino get so close to crawling. She can push herself up onto her knees, but she hasn't quite managed to draw those knees forward in a real crawl. It frustrates her, but she will figure out the mechanics very soon.

We watched the street parties and speeches from the relative safety of T's couch. It was inspiring and soothing. We are all expecting to sleep like babies tonight. Unfortunately, as we packed up and prepared to walk back home, we acknowledged that this is probably the last time we should gather there for several weeks. We had expected to have Thanksgiving there, but now we are talking about waiting to have a big party sometime next year, maybe in the spring, when things are better under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment