Sunday, November 15, 2020

What to Do

Inspirational song: Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor) (Robert Palmer)

For a hot minute yesterday, I thought maybe we could risk it. I thought we could go ahead and get with the kids for Thanksgiving. You know... just us. But a day later common sense has returned. It would be incredibly stupid for me to do that. Exponential growth of cases is nothing to mess around with. Now I'm wondering whether I can even risk going back to the grocery store for that turkey I never bought. 

I have three different doctor appointments this week, plus taking Saoirse and Alfred to the vet first thing in the morning (for shots and a dental cleaning, respectively). We are supposed to go straight into intermediate dog training on Thursday, and though they do a great job keeping more than six feet of distance in a high-ceilinged pet store, I'm even wondering how dangerous that is.

I will probably change my mind six times before the holiday arrives. I want so much to feed my family, because it's my absolute favorite thing to do. But it is just so scary out there. The hardest part might be getting the Mr to stop going out too. He wears a mask, but he gets so fidgety when he stays home. You know what that means--construction projects have already started. He built new shelves for the garage from scrap wood today. By Christmas we may have a second storey on this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment