Monday, November 30, 2020

The Question of the Year

Inspirational song: Should I Stay or Should I Go (The Clash)

Who among us, during this glorious year of 2020, has not had cause to question, "Is this just a cough or is this the Rona?" I've had a lot of those moments of doubt and anxiety in the last two weeks. Every time I cough. Every time I feel sore. Or tired. Or achy. So, basically, as I go through all of my usual daily junk, I have to weigh it against all the scary stuff out there.

That's where I'm at today. I'm fighting another multi-day headache, that is worse today than it was yesterday and the day before. I had to put myself back to bed, and I was useless for the whole day. I have no fever (I checked), and my sinuses are fine. I have an occasional dry cough. I have no idea whether this is anything out of the ordinary. It doesn't feel like I imagine the bad stuff to be, but the Rona is so different for everyone, so that doesn't help me in my moments of anxiety. I'm hopeful that it's nothing. The headache could easily be because I wore my old glasses for several days when I couldn't find my current pair. Plus, I have one negative test under my belt. It's probably nothing.

Regardless, I'm glad the isolation has continued. There were a lot of times I wanted to sneak out. I made myself stay home. I was rewarded for good behavior this evening with a surprise video chat from my daughter and granddaughter. The baby is propelling herself all over the place, without actually doing classic crawling on her knees. She spends most of her time up on her hands and feet, with her butt up in the air. I watched her do that for most of an hour. I suspect she is going to be like her grandfather, and skip crawling in favor of just standing up and taking off running. (None of us is surprised he did that.) Seeing that tiny human helps me stay home, and stay careful. My mindset has had a proper course correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment