Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Woof

Inspirational song: The Motorcycle Song (Arlo Guthrie)

What is this now, day five of the current quarantine? I think that's right. Not that it will be really safe to go out when our isolation ends in another week and a half. But we will be able to go back to places like the grocery and hardware stores, with caution. It's pretty boring but necessary. Of the people who also interacted with our positive contact, so far there have been three negative tests and one positive. I don't know how many are outstanding. Two or three, maybe. Mine probably won't be back until Friday, unless the testing lab works on Thanksgiving day. The Mr got his today. He was one of the negatives. Thank goodness. So far the positive person has shown no symptoms to report. Keep it that way, s'il vous plaƮt.

Being inside so much gives me a lot of time to bond with my puppy-future-service-dog. She has been really good remembering the skills she learned in her last few lessons before the hiatus. But she is bored too. Maybe we can go for a walk to burn off her energy. Today it was snowy in the morning, and lethargy got me in the afternoon. I'll try to be better. 

I had a little warning that Great Pyrenees are somewhat noisy guard dogs. Before she arrived, I started trying to clear the congestion by the front window, but it wasn't until the Christmas tree went up that I really opened up a straight shot to it. Today that provided a hint toward my future. She stood at the window at woofed gently over and over. Teenagers across the street walked to their car. Woof. Squirrel in the yard. Woof. Cars went by. Woof. Everything got too quiet. Woof woof woof. Good thing she's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment