Monday, November 23, 2020

Exchanges

Inspirational song: The Boxer (Simon & Garfunkel)

Simultaneously, my daughter and I received our birthday gifts to each other in the mail. She sent pictures of my grandkittens playing in the paper I used to pad the box moments before the postman rang the doorbell here with my goodies. She gave me a shawl and earrings, a cookbook and GF bread mix, and a dish towel I will have to guard when next our neighbor can come over (it's a football pattern). I enjoyed the synchronicity of it all. 

As if she needed to compete with the cuteness of Ralphie and Ziggy playing box, Dino got into a cardboard box of her own. Her mommy sent a picture of that to the group chat, captioning it "send me to grandma's." If only, kiddo. It's tough on both of us grandparents watching her learn to crawl on video instead of in person. (No test results yet for either of us.)

I had grand plans to decorate the outside of the house today. I can't do it alone. In fact, I can't even take the lead. So when the bulk of the day passed and the Mr had not worked up the motivation to go out on the ladder, I had no choice but to accept the delay. Weather is supposed to be a bit raw tomorrow, so it may wait until Wednesday. Instead of decorating, perhaps I will prep food ahead of the holiday. My new GF pie crust recipe needs to refrigerate for a full day to evenly hydrate the coconut flour. Making that will keep me distracted while it's windy and cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment