Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Another One

Inspirational song: Perfect Day (Lou Reed)

Normally, I don't base these on memes, but there's one that I keep circling back to. I can't shake it out of my head on a day like this. I'm not even sure of the exact wording, because there are a few different versions of it popping up. The gist is that millenials are getting tired of living through "great historical events," and would like a boring season for once. I'm not a millenial, but I'm right there with you, my younger friends. Worst pandemic in a century. Largest mass shooting since (the last one). Worst economic crash since the Great Depression. Terrorist actions. Scandals. On and on. And now, the first president to be impeached twice. Seriously, I'm just exhausted. I try to wind down with baby cuddles, YouTube cleaning videos, and cat Twitter. But it's just not enough. I would like several weeks of being bored. Doesn't that sound wonderful?

Maybe it's because I did wear myself out today that it's getting to me. It was a babysitting day, so I threw myself into housecleaning. She's so mobile now, the floors have to be much cleaner than before. I got it done, but when the girls showed up, I was still in cleaning clothes, my face red and my body desperately needing a shower. I had a hard time keeping up with the baby because my soul is just so tired. I think she might have picked up on it. I hope she doesn't think I was irritated with her. I just didn't have it in me to be as silly and cheerful as usual. I need a good long sleep, and maybe my attitude will be refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment