Sunday, January 31, 2021

Pirate

Inspirational song: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (Veggie Tales)

A very small pirate came to visit this afternoon. She was quite content to play in the play pen, to stand and "walk" and crawl all over the living room, and mash out a few notes on the piano. It was quite a pleasant visit. There are a lot of baby games she plays now, and she is still enjoying the call-and-response of "mmmmm-bah!" (I'm still convinced she started that after I was trying to teach her how to say "mama.") She is even closer to standing without holding on. She can do it for a brief second, like when she is switching hands, but there doesn't seem to be much hang time yet. No one can tell me this kid isn't smart and strong and on the right side of the development curve for her age.

She and her mommy were out running errands when I was given notice to expect them. It was a good thing they warned me. Until that point I had been moving as little as possible, and had just put myself back on the bed, hoping that the pinch in my neck would loosen itself up. I don't even know what I did. First thing this morning, Saoirse jumped on the bed and I turned to face her and pet her. When I turned back, my neck pinched, and my day was ruined. Having company at least pushed me to take a long, hot shower and loosen up the muscles that had thus far resisted Ben Gay, baclofen, and lidocaine.

To give me a little extra clean-up time, the girls stopped to meet the new kitten I wrote about a couple of days ago. I haven't met him yet, but my daughter says his floofy tail is epic. I noticed that in the pictures and videos I have been sent. I hope I get to meet him while he is still kitteny.

No comments:

Post a Comment