Sunday, January 24, 2021

Baby Jail

Inspirational song: I Wanna Be Sedated (The Ramones)

The Ramones' song I intended to use, up until the moment I opened the program, was Rock and Roll High School. But as I am writing hours earlier than usual so I can go dip into the pain medication that puts me to sleep, I made a last minute switch. The right hip that has been inflamed since before Christmas is actively spasming, and I am over it. I just want to make it stop bothering me and go to sleep. The football game is nearly over, and I could use an early night.

While Saoirse and I were at her school, refining her line up, heel, stay, and wait skills (and to be honest, she was pretty distracted by other dogs, so "refine" is a strong word), the baby came over for her usual grandparents time. On the way home, the puppy and I stopped by Target to retrieve a playpen by curbside pickup. So far baby accepts it and Saoirse respects it, but that almost-toddler will be able to climb out far sooner than I want to think about. If nothing else, it is a safe place for naps, where she can't fall off a bed and puppy won't step on her. 

Ok. Jammies and meds time. I have choices to make on both scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment