Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Insurrection

Inspirational song: Battle of New Orleans (Johnny Horton)

Livid. That's the word I keep circling back to. I am livid. I'm not scared. I'm not nervous. I am so angry the only accurate word is livid. 

The hypocrisy knows no bounds. The same people who scream "law and order" rioted violently. The people who were cool with killing people to defend a Target store in the Upper Midwest stormed the Capitol and wrecked the place. People were injured. People died. And thousands of people defiled those American flags they were waving. It was a disgusting display of right-wing terrorism, and I am done with anyone who supports this. Done. 

This was not peaceful protest. This was insurrection. It was sedition. It was an attempt to violently overthrow our government. There was a guy who was pictured with a handful of zip ties--you tell me he wasn't planning to take members of Congress hostage. No one try to defend these people to me. I will not "consider both sides." 

I hope the reports that only 13 people were arrested is grossly mistaken. I want arrests. I want prosecutions. I'm angry and there is blood in my eye. If these people were out there demanding that black people not be hunted for sport, then half of them would have been sprayed with bullets before they made it up the Capitol stairs. This was an unacceptable failure on a national security level, and I am disgusted. Livid.

No cute baby or pet photos tonight. Let's see what the next 24 hours bring to see whether I've calmed down enough to use them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment