Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Present It

Inspirational song: Come and Get It (Badfinger)

Saoirse and I made a quick check on the condo this afternoon, ahead of a realtor and her client taking a second look at the condo. There was basically nothing that needed to be done. It was left clean over the weekend, but I didn't want to take any chances. We were there so briefly, Saoirse didn't even come inside. I tied her lead to the handrail on the stairs, and let her sniff the bushes. The realtor called me from her showing with specific questions, and gave me a verbal intention of submitting an offer within a day. I'm just waiting for it to arrive now. I don't know what happened with the people who viewed it twice on Friday. Their feedback said they were interested, but I've seen nothing since then.

Way back in my college days, I spent a lot of time in Denver with my brother and (then) sister-in-law. The SIL had a very memorable way of dealing with downtown Denver traffic. She would make a somewhat pushy move, or go the wrong way into a parking lot, or similar, and if anyone honked or made mean faces at her, she would gesture at her out-of-country car tag, and say, "I didn't know, I'm just a dumb Canadian!" It was a total ruse, and we both knew it. It worked a surprising majority of the time. I took lessons from this.

I have to turn over HOA documents to whomever buys the condo, and naturally, I do not have current copies. I didn't want to pay for a document request, and the last time I encountered the website that comes up with HOA Google searches, it was for pay only (and I think it might have funneled real estate professionals into a subscription, which I do not do enough business to justify). Everyone says that as the homeowner, these documents may be free. So I tried writing the two HOAs to request them. I used my personal email and language that a homeowner would choose. It was my "I don't know; I'm just a dumb Canadian" attempt, and it failed. They sent me to the website, in rather rude responses. Maybe tomorrow I'll see whether my friend who is a title agent can save me from myself. This is one of the parts of the process I really don't enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment