Sunday, January 3, 2021

Blahs

Inspirational song: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (The Beatles)

At least this time I was in good company. Nobody wanted to do a whole lot today. The Mr led a remote D&D campaign (the same one he wrote and was leading our in-town friends through), and then the rest of the day revolved around soaking in hot water. That was miles ahead of me, letting myself get sucked back into the news with the latest scandal (this time a recorded phone call), when I thought I was successfully free from that nonsense. I had left the TV off for days, and spent less time in the angry parts of Twitter. Aw, nuts. Even my girls had a case of the blahs, canceling our plans to just hang out over here with the baby. I wasn't mad or hurt with the cancelation. It played into my own disinterest. 

The only one who was really disappointed that we never went anywhere was Saoirse. I had hinted that we would at least go for a drive, maybe to a park she had never seen before. I hate to let her down. She was obviously bored, demanding to go through every closed door she encountered, over and over.

Even Athena hid from the world, however briefly. She found a box that was folded closed, and forced her way into it. Once in, she adjusted and sealed it back shut. Strange child. At least she only stayed there a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment