Saturday, January 30, 2021

Challenged

Inspirational song: Once Bitten Twice Shy (Great White)

Do service dogs necessarily need to be smart? Like smart smart? Can they be generally goofy, if they can learn most of the tricks? I am pretty sure Saoirse would rather be a stand-up comedian than a service dog. Although if she gets one more raspberry cane stuck in her mouth, the best job she will be able to get would be village idiot. She has done that twice in two weeks. She was making funny faces and moving her mouth all weird, and I asked her whether she had something stuck in her teeth. Mr S-P just reached in her mouth, and there it was. Same spot as last time. I just don't know where to go with this goofball.

We were practicing some of our class work from last week this morning. She did great on line up and heel, but stay needs a lot of work. I turned my back when we were done, and she went and grabbed my empty yogurt container that I had failed to put in the recycling. I gave her a minute to enjoy her prize, and then tried to teach her how to drop it in the bin. That may take a lot longer to learn than stay.

Our weekends are a lot more free now. Our daughter's work schedule changes starting this week. With fewer babysitting hours per week, it makes sense to break down and store the baby equipment. Harvey will be disappointed. He has just decided the play pen belongs to him. If only it were a little smaller. It takes up way too much floor space.

No comments:

Post a Comment