Friday, January 29, 2021

Babies

Inspirational song: Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)

Let's see how far into this I can get. A few hours ago I used a compounded prescription that always knocks me on my butt. (Keep this one vague. You don't need all the details. Just know I have an extreme reaction to this one.)

It's a new baby day, twice over! One of my girls' high school friends gave birth for the first time last week. (She was already a mother to a stepdaughter.) My younger daughter took a carful of baby supplies that our Grumpus has outgrown to pass them along, and sent back fresh baby pictures. The difference between a one week old baby and an eight and a half month old is phenomenal. I look forward to watching these girls grow up to be friends like their mommies are.

But wait, there's more! Not the only new baby today. My foster daughter, also a classmate and friend of the above, decided that her one cat needed a companion. She had not adjusted well to living with a large number of other cats when they were all living together as roommates with the other folks, but she also didn't seem happy alone. The local humane society had a photo of an eight month old kitten on its website, and she went down today to meet him. The appointment went well, and she took him home as soon as they took care of a little vet work. So now she has a baby boy who looks just like my Athena. For all we can tell, he seems to like being held a lot better than Athena, though.

I made it to the end. Still pretty loopy. Here are the photos I swiped today of the new babies in the extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment