Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Messy

Inspirational song: Raspberry Beret (Prince)

We are officially under contract! The final details were worked out, and we signed this morning. We ran the numbers thoroughly, and we came in a few hundred over our break even point for where we need the sale money to go. There won't be a bunch left over to do the concrete work that we need (our driveway is basically powder at this point), but the solar panel installation will be paid for. I am okay with this.

I spent all day sending documents back and forth. The massive updates I ran yesterday corrupted the files I had created for this listing last fall. I had to go back into the archives of my DocuSign account to get functioning copies for my transaction file at the brokerage. I'm trying not to think about the implications for all of the other deals I made, for which I am required to keep all documents for four years. I need to get better about backing up my computer. In that I need to do it at all.

Either the urgency of meeting all my immediate deadlines was overly stressful, or I was just due a day of feeling yucky. My stomach has been acidic all day, and I was in sensory overload. It was a babysitting day, and I couldn't handle the sounds of Lord Grumpus when she was vocally cranky, nor could I handle being crawled on by her or any of the legions of cats and dog who wanted my attention. (No less than three cats parked in my lap at my daughter's house, while I waited for the baby to be ready to go home with me.) I hate it when I don't feel well around the grandbaby. I'm sure she can tell, and I don't want her to think I'm mad at her or disappointed or anything. It wasn't her fault I felt bad. Hopefully I will feel better by tomorrow, and can re-establish how much this baby amuses me, in a way she can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment