Monday, January 18, 2021

Senior Skip Day

Inspirational song: Waiting On the World to Change (John Mayer)

Is everyone watching the clock tick today? I sure am. Every couple of hours, a bot I follow on Twitter (no, seriously) posts a countdown of days, hours, minutes, and seconds to noon on Wednesday. I click like almost every time. I just want to get there without more riots or attempted (or worse successful) assassinations. Maybe then the knot in my stomach will release.

I did very little today. I tried being up and about this morning, but I found myself back in bed by noon. It was only then, once my face was pressed into the pillow, that I let myself feel the migraine that was threatening to take over. I think I won the battle and kept it from fully realizing its power. But it was a long day in bed, shivering, lying still but awake, acutely aware of the entire right half of my body from scalp to the arch of my foot. 

I managed to get up and make myself some cheese soup around 5 o'clock, and I've been perking up a little since, enough to snuggle the dog and cat who share a bed with me on a regular basis. There's a good chance tomorrow will be better, and I can go check in on the condo. (More showings scheduled, still no offer.) I'm glad I have the ability to stay in a quiet place when I need to. It was rough working full time when migraines came along, and I had to stay at my desk, doing things like helping library patrons or counseling students. The only ones who needed my attention today were much easier to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment