Saturday, January 9, 2021

Okay Day

Inspirational song: Splish Splash (Bobby Darin)

You can't go wrong, when your day revolves around peaceful interaction with cute little girls. If that makes a good day, then this one was spectacular. After a few showings at the condo yesterday and the day before, I needed to check in and make sure all was in order. I wanted company, so I took Saoirse with me. She was an excellent co-pilot, and was well-behaved at the site. 

All was in order at the condo. The right buyer hasn't come along yet, but we are getting enough traffic that I am not discouraged. We drove north out of Boulder, to give Saoirse a chance to experience new scenery and I realized it was the first time I had been there since the fires scorched the foothills the weekend of my birthday. Snow was moving in, so there were low clouds. Hill after hill of blackened trees against the gray sky was really bleak. I wish I would have pulled over to take pictures of it. Didn't try while I was driving at highway speed. 

I had Grump duty this afternoon. She showed up between 3:30 and 4:00, and was in a fabulous mood. She spent most of her time standing against the ottoman and side tables, not quite able to find the balance to stand without holding on. Getting close though. She was chatty and adventurous, and after snacks, she needed a bath. That kid loves water, and she wanted to stay in the tub for an extended time. All I had to do was sit on the floor and make sure she didn't put her face in the water for more than a second. (Even when she did get her face wet, it didn't seem to faze her in the least.) Pretty easy to entertain her. She will be back tomorrow, for most of the day. I wonder what shenanigans will ensue.

No comments:

Post a Comment