Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Make It So

Inspirational song: Get Me To the Church On Time (My Fair Lady)

As I start to write, there is half a day left. I'm nervous and excited and anxious and, and, and... Emotions roll over me in such rapid succession, I can't process any one of them, and I mostly feel numb. I am just waiting to see what happens tomorrow. I've heard and read a lot of people say they expect to be bawling like babies. I don't know whether I am prepared to let go of the tight control I keep on myself yet. Could be interesting.

I'm starting to think my dog can read. I don't remember saying out loud that I was going down to check on the condo in Boulder, but I remember writing it in the blog. She huffed and whined and stared out the front window all morning until I got up and started gathering my purse and shoes and stuff. Then she sat at the front door, blocking it unless she got to go too. She's great when we go on these excursions, but she did get a little whiny when we drove past PetSmart and didn't pull into that parking lot.

This may be one of those times I intentionally leave the TV on all night. News started breaking once I started writing, and things will get going early tomorrow on the East Coast. Let's see whether it's moving enough to make me cry. I'll be in good company if it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment