Saturday, January 23, 2021

Wealth

Inspirational song: If I Had a Million Dollars (Barenaked Ladies)

Well, I did not wake up an instant billionaire this morning. I'm assuming none of you did either, unless you were the guy in Michigan who is about to be reacquainted with every distant relative, every person he or she went to school with, or all random folks they encountered just long enough to exchange names with. Honestly, if I won a lotto jackpot like the big one this week, most of you would never know, and I would expect you to keep such information from me if it were your win. That would change every relationship from that moment forward. Can you imagine how uncomfortable and suspicious it would make you?

Even without a sudden mound of cash dropping on my head from an unlikely lotto win, I am feeling pretty positive about my prospects. I'm finally seeing the kind of traffic at the condo listing I expected to see in November. The agents are returning good feedback, and I am hoping one or two of them will turn into an offer by Monday.

Our grandbaby was here for the afternoon. She was much easier to handle today, although we are accepting the inevitability that we will need a playpen sooner than later. In lieu of a playpen, I've discovered that letting her go wild in a bath is a good substitute. She can do what she wants and I don't have to worry she will crawl over something that could be damaged or damage her. I just have to stay close by, because she spends a lot of energy standing and sitting and standing and sitting... I tried to teach her a new vowel today. When I picked her up, we were petting her cat Moosie, so we discussed the "oo" sound. Or rather, I made it over and over, and she watched my mouth and never tried it. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment