Monday, January 4, 2021

Flokati

Inspirational song: Hair of the Dog (Nazareth)

Amidst all the firehose of national news, from the frightening to the absurd, I find myself in a near-catatonic state. I don't want to talk, I don't want to write. I want to snuggle my 50 pound puppy (still not even 6 months old), and I want to watch car detailing videos, like I fell asleep to last night. 

Saoirse is extra snuggly tonight anyway. I was tired of her smelling like a dog, so instead I made her smell like a wet dog. I let her go several weeks without a bath, and that was a mistake. It was harder to push her into the tub, and she whined the whole time. When she got out, after a few good shakes to drench my whole bathroom, she looked like the gray and white flokati rug I have kept next to my bed for decades. Once she dried, and with enough pets, she's looking like her normal self again. The ordeal left her a little needy. I can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment