Friday, January 7, 2022

Activity

Inspirational song: Witch Doctor (David Seville)

Start the timer. See how long I can form coherent sentences. I don't expect it to last all the way to the end of this post.

I tried to do too many things today, and I really didn't think I was doing all that much. A little laundry, some dishes. A trip to the grocery store with my girls. Food prep (starting chicken roasting and pastry dough for pot pie, with GF flour in a gluten-specific recipe). A micro-nap in my chair. And then throwing together dinner to bake while the postponed game night started.

By the time I made it next door, I was so sore I couldn't function. I took a muscle relaxer, but it didn't kick in until about 3 minutes ago. I sat at the end of the table, just listening to games being played, staring at my iPad screen. It sounded like everyone had fun, but I was unable to join a fast-paced card game with everyone slapping cards down and speaking excitedly. 

The pot pie recipe was kind of a success, and kind of a disaster. The crust was orders of magnitude too dry, so rolling it out was a mess. I just kind of flipped it from the rolling mat onto the casserole dish, and then picked up the pieces that went flying. I made a smaller version with a portobello mushroom as the protein, and I added some water to the remaining crust, and it worked slightly better. The sauce base in each had a healthy dose of wine in the bechemel, which turned out to be fabulous. I'll keep practicing with this new technique until I get it down.

Okay, I made it to the end. You'll never know how many ridiculous typos I've had to fix. I leave you now with the gorgeous face of a girl who finally tolerated mommy pinning her hair back out of her eyes, for thirty whole minutes! A miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment