Sunday, January 23, 2022

What Did I Just Watch

Inspirational song: Johnny B Goode (Chuck Berry)

We gave it a solid three days for our neighbors to isolate upon their return from a trip. Plenty of time, right? It was so important for us to invite ourselves over this evening. The most incredible football game happened tonight, and there is no one I would rather have shared the experience with than my favorite Chiefs fan.

It was a wild weekend of football overall. I had only seen a little of yesterday's San Francisco vs Green Bay game before heading next door this afternoon, but I heard about enough to be entertained just in the retelling. Maybe my glee was in learning who lost more than by who won, but such is football. Tonight Kansas City was facing the Buffalo Bills, who played a nearly perfect game the week prior. We knew from the opening drive that this would be a tough match. None of us expected something like 25 points scored in the last few minutes of the game. The lead changed back and forth, making the whole country tense up in unison. The game-tying drive took thirteen seconds. To quote some random person on my Twitter feed, I can't make it from the couch to the fridge in thirteen seconds.

It was unanimously agreed, among all four of us present in my neighbors' living room, that had the Bills won that game, we were all going to cheer for them to go all the way and win the Superbowl. They were so good, you just couldn't be mad at them. Obviously, we were jumping up and down in our red and yellow official NFL fan gear when the Chiefs pulled it out in OT, but we would have had respect for the Bills to the end. Now, tell me about these Bengals our team faces next week. Any good?


No comments:

Post a Comment