Monday, January 10, 2022

Still On

Inspirational song: Lights (Journey)

As the evening wore on, I reclined farther and farther back in my chair, less watched videos and more let YouTube meander on autoplay as background noise, and I rested my eyes. Eventually the lamp timers darkened the room, and I was left with the faint glow of the Christmas lights that are still plugged in. I'd feel self-conscious about them being on so far into January, if half the neighborhood didn't still have theirs going too. I verified this a few hours ago when I came home from buying dog food.

It's getting less funny the longer I wait for the migraine treatment. I haven't had a hard-core killer headache yet, the kind where I have to hide in a dark room and not move a fraction of an inch. But there has been this constant undertone of just not feeling like all my pieces are in the right places, especially from just to the right of the part in my hair to the right side of my throat. I have less than 36 hours to go as I type. I can handle it. I'm definitely going to talk to the neurologist about how to mitigate this period next time.

There is more happening in my brain than just constant aching. I hope to be able to focus on that soon. I have a good old-fashioned cranky rant building up steam, and I might be interested in letting that one out. All depends on how quickly the migraines skedaddle after botox.

No comments:

Post a Comment