Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Listed

Inspirational song: Money (That's What I Want) (Barrett Strong)

The house in New Mexico is officially on the market. We tried to sell it when we moved away from there in 2011, but it just never got an offer. I have had time to reflect on that initial listing period, and I can see the mistakes we made. We rented it for years longer than we wanted to hold onto that place. Being a landlord is tough enough, but being an absentee landlord is especially odious. I have been grumbling for years about wishing we could be rid of it. Well, our tenants left last week, and they left it clean and in good repair. Our realtor got photos and created the listing asap. We signed our listing contract today, and it has gone live. As with all of the country, there is low inventory and high demand even in out-of-the-way Clovis. We are already getting interest. And the realtor suggested an asking price far above my pie-in-the-sky imaginings. Think happy thoughts for us. I'm ready to turn this over to someone who wants to make it their long-term home.

I did enjoy that house while we lived there. It was the biggest house I'd had since I left Oklahoma, at a little over 2000 square feet. It sat on a half acre lot, that was nearly impossible for me to keep weed-free and well-watered. I have lots of good memories there. But I am glad to be moving on.

I'm stealing a photo for this evening. I didn't go out to lunch with the kids, but I did get sent some photos of the cutest kid in Colorado at a restaurant today, plus a video of her eating an ice cream cone by dragging her thumb through it, and eating off her hand. I'm pretty sure she knew what she was doing was unorthodox. She did it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment