Saturday, January 29, 2022

No Crowds

Inspirational song: Don't Answer Me (Alan Parsons Project)

Most of the time, I'm okay with a reduced social schedule, in a chronic illness and covid world. I don't miss crowds. I'm better off avoiding loud venues. But every once in a while, I kind of think it would be fun to go to a concert or a basketball game again. Maybe someday see a show at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. I know I'm not really ready to be as tightly packed as the DCPA or a standing room only rock concert, but I do think fondly of times I enjoyed those situations. I could start slowly to reintroduce such things. I could see whether I can handle a mostly-empty movie theater again. I did that once a month or so ago.

I did some safe shopping with a buddy today. It went mostly well, until I started fighting with the store's app to download a digital coupon, and wasted like half an hour and still couldn't make it work. It gave my friend down time to keep wandering through the store and load up her cart with more and more stuff. I hope I didn't cost her too much money while I struggled to save two whole dollars. She and I don't spend as much time together as we would like. If I were to try again to go to one of those big social events, it would most likely be with her (especially if that event is a basketball game).

The urge to be in public will pass. It's mostly gone already, just from me writing about it. I'll stay home with my floofy girls and watch concerts and sports on TV. This is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment