Sunday, January 16, 2022

Coming Soon

Inspirational song: The Real Me (The Who)

Staying home another day just wasn't an option. I had to get out and do something, anything, as long as it was reasonably safe. I knew I was unlikely to be snuggling up to strangers at Costco, swapping spit or worse, so off I went. I had a new glasses prescription in my purse, and I was not afraid to use it.

I wanted to get frames that matched my current color pallette a little better. I still like my red and orange ones, but they don't play nice with how deeply ginger I wear my hair now. I thought I'd try for purple, green, or blue. I was just sure I hit it out of the park when I saw a set with a translucent jumble of rainbow colors. It was so cheerful and funky. I wanted it bad. I tried on that pair and a few others, and sent selfies to my younger daughter and buddy from Rotary. Daughter said definitely rainbow ones, Rotary friend said definitely to a different frame, this one teal. Then I found The Set--dark green on top and light brown on bottom. Having made it through my existential crisis about my eyes, and accepting that my greenish-brown eyes really are hazel (I even asked the optometrist last week for confirmation), I had to go with the hazel colored glasses. Both of my trusted advisors agreed.

The sales guy at the Costco vision center talked me out of the awesome rainbow ones. I know he was correct that they were really too small, but I still mourn their loss. I got the teal ones as a backup set, instead of the rainbows, but I will long remember how much I wanted them. Maybe someday I will find a different set sized correctly for my face. Until then, I will be happy with the two I chose. I have to wait a week for them, but here are the selfies I sent the ladies. And yes, mom, I am not smiling in them. I was holding my breath because I was pulling down my mask. Hard to smile and not breathe while focusing on taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment