Thursday, January 27, 2022

Declared

Inspirational song: Stay Alive (Hamilton)

Most of the continuing education classes I've taken were on either positive or at least productive topics. I sat through a webinar today that increased my stress level just to remember why it became advisable to create it. Today's topic was what happens with declared disasters, particularly the Marshall fire and the accompanying straight line winds, from an insurance and mortgage lending perspective. It was good information to have. My previous disaster experience, after the 2013 floods that wrecked our rental condos in Boulder, was a little different than what I learned today, as back then the insurance responsibilities fell to the HOA. It's also worth mentioning that I've traditionally left insurance policy maintenance to Mr S-P. After hearing about rebuilding costs versus standard reimbursement rates, I feel like maybe I need to educate myself better about our own policy. 

I had to stay home from an invitation for drinks with my Rotary friends. I had such a headache all day that plain old Tylenol couldn't beat, that I had to take the strong stuff. No way I was going to drive after that, not even with the roads cleared of this morning's snow. Instead my night was just me and my iPad, playing games and watching videos (everything from a Vietnamese guy watching in horror as Rachel Ray made a horrible bastardization of pho to a long-form history program on the battle of Monmouth). Have I just hit the phase where I will just be boring forever? 

No comments:

Post a Comment