Saturday, January 8, 2022

No Shock

Inspirational song: Thank God I'm a Man (Shock Treatment)

Football and pulled pork sliders. Yeah, it was a manly sort of day. I've fallen way behind on my sports-watching. I've been paying for PAC-12 Network but forgetting to tune in to most basketball games. I see the scores on Twitter and mentally kick myself. I bought an antenna so I could watch pro football for free, and what do I forget to do? Yeah. At least today, Mr S-P was on top of it, and invited himself (and me) next door to watch the Broncos-Chiefs game. Pretty sure he had an ulterior motive, getting T riled up enough to help him bash out the still-crumpled bumper on the truck that was damaged in the hit-and-run last month. When they went into the half with Denver in the lead, it worked like a charm. T was agitated and worked out his nerves smashing the bumper with a sledgehammer. Two problems solved. And then Kansas City rallied and came back to win, so everyone was happy (at this address, that is--not all over our area). 

The second act of the day was an entirely different genre. We were discussing the music of Shock Treatment, the sequel/not-sequel to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. T had never seen either, and A had only seen RHPS. She was intrigued, so we found it in its entirety on YouTube. At the end, she admitted to being a bit confused by it, and he burst out laughing, because he was completely baffled by the whole thing. I said mostly I just like it for the songs and costumes. It's silly and weird but so fun.

I've just realized I crawled into bed without putting my daily donation item in the bin. I picked it out, but it had lots of smudges on it, so I left it by the sink to wash. I am committed to this goal, so I will not cheat and call it tomorrow's item. I'll put in two, then put tick marks on my tally sheet. I will achieve 365 individual donated things this year. And it will make me feel amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment