Wednesday, January 26, 2022

In Play

Inspirational song: Rock Lobster (B-52s)

After a full hour sitting in the dark in the living room, staring at a small glowing screen, I'm no closer to having the mental energy to write than I was when the Mr remarked how late it was, turned off the lights around me, and went to bed. I'm finding myself burned out more and more, and I feel safe admitting it, considering everyone else is too. (You should read that word dragged out and accented like I heard it in my head as I wrote: EH-VRY-one.) We finally restarted the Pathfinder game that has been on hold for two months, and between needing to be social, panic-cleaning before everyone arrived, and trying to recall where we left off before the holidays, I got nothing left in the tank. Brain machine broke.

We had a great game night, even if it was exhausting to do the brain work. The whole party was present, which was nice. Once we had a little refresher talk, we made progress from the place where we had been stuck. We had a big revelation right at the end, explaining where two story lines diverged. Plus, I discovered I wasn't as far behind on keeping my character updated as I thought I was. Welcome bonus, that was.

The kid was on point. By playing here instead of next door, she was in her comfortable space, and she ran around and did her own thing, mostly ignoring grownups playing games. At one point she had a stylus, and was drawing on mommy's tablet. I can't say exactly what it was, but she had this posture that seemed more like a teenager leaning over a desk than a little kid. Watching her grow is so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment