Sunday, September 17, 2023

A Classic

Inspirational song: I Ran (A Flock of Seagulls)

Last night I wrote about the big football game around here. It wasn't even close to finished when I published. In fact, it went into double overtime, and wasn't over until around 12:30 this morning. It was stressful and exciting and a thriller to the very last play of the second overtime. My Buffs won, but that wasn't a sure thing at any point. National media has been talking about the game as an instant classic all day, including channels that don't cover sports in any other circumstance. It's wild to be the belle of the ball. It produces impostor syndrome when you think about our ugly 1 and 10 season last year.

Because I was up so ridiculously late this morning, unable to power down and sleep for hours, I am dragging my tail today. I'm still sore as all get-out, and I have to take frequent breaks. I've had strong meds at night that seem to help me sleep and heal some damage by dawn, but then I get up and do things that were put off, like dishes or laundry. By evening I'm a mess. That's where I'm at now. I haven't had any painkillers at all today, but pain and a lack of sleep are stacking against me, and I keep nodding in hard, percussive micro-sleeps. I want to be in bed now, so I am blogging early.

I had errands to run, so we all loaded up and went out. I had one single thing to return to Target which turned into an hour of walking around the store. Grandpa decided to detour over to the airport so the kids could watch planes do touch and goes on a sunny day. I stayed in the car with the AC blasting. Then we went to King Soopers, where I remembered two things I needed, forgot several, and bought four cartons of ice cream. Yay, shopping with fatigue and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment