Saturday, September 9, 2023

Sko Buffs!

Inspirational song: Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benatar)

Yeah, yesterday's hassle and begrudging purchase turned out to be worth it. Fox broadcast TV was crystal clear from the pregame show until the very end. I loved seeing the panel of commentators unanimously select CU to win the game this morning. And they were remarkably close to the final score, all of them. Urban Meyer won on Price Is Right rules, closest without going over. It has been so many years since we had a well-coached team and lots of developed talent. I can't stop thinking about how right we were to be stoked when Coach Sanders was hired. I have a friend who kept predicting he would only stay for one or two seasons, and then take an NFL head coaching job. I don't want to believe that, but I know it is possible. Even if he does that, I think he has brought discipline and an assistant coaching staff that will have a lasting effect on the program. And oh, will I enjoy this ride while it lasts!

We got to go with our daughter and the babies down to see family in Boulder today. One of our nieces is expecting, and we gathered to celebrate in anticipation of the new cousin to be. Only one other set of cousins were there for our babies to play with, but that was enough. Valerie adores her cousins. Dmitri adored being adored by all his aunties and uncles. (Technically great aunts and uncles, and cousins once removed, but that's too easy to trip up on.) There weren't the usual games and stacks of gifts. The parents to be asked for no physical presents, and the only game was a betting pool for baby details. (This is my kind of game!) This baby brings the last of my in-laws into the grandparents club. The oldest siblings were the ones who told me how fabulous being a grandparent would be, and they were right. Now the last of the five, my brother-in-law and his wife, join the club. I am over the moon for them to find out how cool this life stage is.

I've been cruel to my spine lately. I could barely lift my favorite bag of bricks today. By the time I got back from Boulder, I needed muscle relaxers and stillness. I'm blogging early as they take effect. So any rambling, tangents, or mixed up words are the result of that. I'll close by saying the most important words of the day: Sko Buffs!

(I can't believe her mother let her wear red on game day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment