Saturday, September 23, 2023

No, Not You

Inspirational song: Who Are You (The Who)

That was not the game I was hoping for. For some reason, the 2022 Buffs showed up in Eugene, and some fool let them on the field. They got absolutely stomped into the ground. It was so bad that I muted the TV before the half, and turned it off completely early in the 3rd quarter. I'm torn between clapping like I'm on an old episode of Wheel of Fortune and saying it's okay, we'll come back next week, and just throwing up my hands and saying it was fun while it lasted. I'll try to be in the bounce-back camp.

I'm still working on finding an arrangement of my plants that will house all of them for the cold season. I brought in a tradescantia that was trying to take over my front door, and I just plopped it on the floor in front of the shelves. I swept the porch and ripped out some bindweed that was smothering a rosebush right next to the steps. I need to acquire a large container to dump old potting soil in, for winter storage of terracotta pots. I also still need to down-size the ficus benjamina into a pot that will fit in the house now that my collection of houseplants is so extensive. I guess I could use the old giant pot it's currently in to hold gallons of spent soil until next garden season. Does buying a smaller pot go against my no-buy for plants?

Harvey spent a good long while investigating the tradescantia I brought in from outside. I remembered after I saw him that there has been an intact tomcat howling down the neighborhood this month, sometimes slinking along my window ledges or peering in from the porch. (One time after midnight, he and Harvey got into an argument and Harvey punched out the screen at him. Athena then jumped through the opening and chased him out past the sidewalk. I was not happy with any of them as I rescued her.) I wonder whether that naughty tomcat left any scent markers on my plant that I have just set in the living room. I shudder to think what might happen if he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment