Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Unity

Inspirational song: Duel Duet (Shock Treatment)

Finally, the entire party was present, in person, on game night. Well, for the start of it. One member snuck out early to go to an event at the college. The two young couples left when the major battle ended. That left four of us to do the mop up work, including my character getting to try his clever plan he thought of last week. The DM tried very hard to make him look the fool, but I advocated strenuously for his intelligence. In the end, it was a draw.

I was so proud of my clever plan. Our mission had been to go to the grain mill belonging to a town that was under attack from a large band of cultists and hired brigands, and protect it from destruction. By the time we got there, it was already sabotaged, and as we entered it, the brigands set fire to it and attacked us. At the end of last session, I came up with the idea that if my character, an artificer, has the ability to create a bag of holding (think Mary Poppins' carpetbag), then I should be able to carry a near infinite amount of water from the stream to put out the fire. When I put my plan into action today, the DM tried to insist that I threw the bag, spilling all the water onto the ground. My counter-argument was that if he didn't have to expend any strength to carry the bag, he could move with it, and pour the water where he wanted. We went round and round for fifteen minutes, until it was time for the last two players to go home. As I said, it ended in a draw.

The babies were here as well. Val spent most of her time focused on puzzles, while the boy worked the room. He's developing a very gregarious personality, and I'm here for it. V is learning this as well, especially liking interacting with servers in restaurants. By the end of the evening, both kids were running on fumes. I'm waiting to hear from their parents how far into the walk home each child made it before passing out in their wagon. I'm guessing they didn't even make it to the stop sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment