Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Love Language

Inspirational song: I Just Called to Say I Love You (Stevie Wonder)

Game night may or may not happen tomorrow. I hope it does. So far I've gotten four responses to my text to the group about it, one of whom was my own husband. Thankfully, his response was yes, he would like to play 5e (the version of D&D we play) if the group is up for it. One of our key players, who does the best strategizing (and pays attention better than the rest of us), will not be here. I hope this doesn't mean the whole evening falls apart because he has to work.

I tried to sweeten the deal, literally. As I explained in the text thread, my love language is feeding people. I have been wanting to make boeuf bourguignon again, and this week is my target window. The beef is thawed, and there are enough ingredients that this is going to be a huge crockpot of stew. I need my beloved game group to come eat it. I'm going to make a spice cake too, assuming I can get the timing and temperature right to bake it in the toaster oven. (Still waiting to tear out the old wall oven and rebuild the cabinet for the new.)

I used my newly restored wooden bowl as a produce basket this evening. We have an abundance of ripe tomatoes that needed to be harvested before they were lost to the ground. I know the classic stew doesn't have a lot of tomatoes in it, just a little paste, but the only way I could up the lovin' in my food offering was to include home-grown veggies in it. Tomatoes will only make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment