Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Montage

Inspirational song: Maniac (Michael Sembello)

Picture one of those awesome montages of exercise or hard work from an 80s movie, but the whole thing is just me pushing Dmitri in a shopping cart around Target. The slow-mo scenes were me carefully bending over to retrieve the Bluey and Bingo plushies he threw on the floor. 

My hip inflammation was not resolved yet, but when my daughter invited me for a slow walk around Target, not only did I agree, I even offered to drive. I had an ulterior motive. I needed to borrow her laundry facilities, while my washer is down for maintenance. I'm out of pants, having pulled deep from the closet while I wait for my husband to chase down the reason our washer won't enter the spin cycle. I had him load a basket of jeans in the car, and I made her carry them into her house. I was so sore and tired after Target, she offered to just wash and dry them and return them to me tomorrow. Can we all agree I have awesome kids?

I want to be functional tomorrow. I need to be. Saoirse has to go to the vet for a booster shot in the morning, and I need to clean this house in the afternoon. I picked up a couple things today, but I didn't make any noticeable improvements. I can't live like this. Something smells around here, like maybe Dmitri buried a piece of food under a chair cushion. I can't hunt it down while I'm immobile. Come on, body. Settle back in place and let the inflammation cool off.

No comments:

Post a Comment