Thursday, September 14, 2023

Peeks

Inspirational song: Totally Wired (The Fall)

As I sat in my usual spot, chatting with the other humans who live here, I let my gaze wander to the window. In the breeze that heralded an approaching cold front, I noticed one whole branch of the big tree across the street had turned bright yellow. The rest of the tree was still sporting completely green leaves, but there was this one finger of fall color wagging at me, warning of things to come. I started studying the trees closer to home. There was one single yellow leaf in the cherry tree by the driveway, and a hint of it in the little maple that came with the house when we bought it. There will be a whole string of nights in the 40s in the next week and a half. I bet we see plenty more leaves turn by the end of that stretch. We made it, folks! At least we did here. Don't know about where all y'all are.

They took away the forecast for tomorrow to be the best day. It was supposed to be cold and socked in, and now the rain will be tonight, and tomorrow will just be pleasant, in the generic sense. I wanted my drizzly yuck day. I needed it. It has been so long since I had a good one. Years since it came in September. I won't give up, but I also won't stop whining about it until a really good one gets us.

There is a grumbly dog telling me it is bedtime. I suppose I should grant her request. She was so good today. We went in for her follow-up shot and heartworm test, and once that was negative, they gave her the six-month heartworm preventative. We decided this was better than trying to get her to eat monthly meds that she hates, or worse, putting her on the kind not safe for her breed. She was a champ in the car and very well-behaved at the vet. The tech is smart, and she did the needlework in the lobby, rather than taking her to the back as usual. Saoirse does not like to be separated from me for any length of time, so getting blood drawn while mommy is cuddling her is the way to go. Meet the dog where she is. It's the key to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment